Charter Members


The Rotary Club of White Rock was chartered by Rotary International on June 2nd., 1955 and its charter was presented to the club July 5th. by Past District Governor George Maloney.  Charter members were:

Officers:    Martin Deacon, President;  Finance-Banking
                Vic McPherson, Vice-President;  Lumber Retail
                Charlie Caldwell, Secretary;  Insurance (Fire & Casualty)
                Simon Cameron, Treasurer;  Land Investment
                Harry Blomme, Sgt.-At-Arms;  Meat Retail

Directors:  Dudley Evans;  Funeral Parlor Operation
                John Hunter;  Law, Judiciary
                Cec Parsons;  Renting Property

Members:  Louis Biro;  Medicine, Physician                                                        George Heard;  Auto, Mechanical
                Bob Black;  Construction, Heating                                                     Franklin Johnson;  Sales, B.C.E.
                Tommy Blades;  Medicine, Surgeon                                                  Bob Langlands;  Building Materials
                Art Bourassa;  Oil, Distributing                                                         Ernie Lewis;  Shoe Repairing
                Jack Burrows;  Grocery, Retail                                                         Tom Lockhart;  Autos, Retail
                Gordie Caldwell;  Publicity, Advertising                                             Len Long;  Recreation, Curling Rinks
                Graydon Connor;  Construction, Carpentry                                        Ed Middleton;  Customs
                Bob Cooper;  Florist, Retail                                                              Punch Mitchell;  Real Estate
                Don Crawford;  Optometry                                                              Ron Robertson;  Clubs, Management
                Harold Davis;  Chicken Production                                                    Todd Spicer;  Restaurant Management
                Sid Fennel;  Construction, Electrical                                                  Jim Shaw;  Feed & Seed, Retail
                Bruce Fraser;  Law                                                                         Bill Walton;  Service Station, Management
                Roland Harvey;  Customs Brokering                                                 Leighton Young;  Refrigeration Engineering

Ceremonies took place at the Tara Supper Club, corner King George Hwy. and Crescent Road. 

We became a member club of District 151;  the fourth club south of the Fraser River.  District 51 was composed of 70 clubs with about 4,500 members.  It covered an immense area - Alaska, Yukon, western B.C. (roughly from the Fraser River to the Pacific Ocean, including Vancouver Island) and western Washington.  In 1956 the District was split.  A new District 152 was formed.