White Rock, April 14, 2024 – The White Rock Rotary Club is thrilled to announce the outstanding success of its recent Charity Book Sale held from April 5th to April 9th. This event, which has become a beloved tradition in the community, saw a remarkable turnout of book enthusiasts and families alike, resulting in a total of 4500 satisfied customers.
Over 200 book lovers and bargain hunters eagerly waited for the doors to open on the first day, setting the stage for a week filled with literary exploration and community spirit. With the dedication of our enthusiastic volunteers, we were able to offer an impressive selection of 50,000 quality books for attendees to peruse. The culmination of our efforts was reflected in the final sales and donations tally, which reached an impressive $68,000 – a testament to the generosity and support of our community members. Notably, this figure represents a $10,000 increase from the previous year, underscoring the growing success and impact of our annual event.

A heartfelt thank you goes out to all the avid readers and families who joined us, filling their baskets with books to enjoy during the upcoming summer months. Your enthusiasm and patronage are truly appreciated and contribute directly to the success of our fundraising efforts.

At the conclusion of the sale, we were pleased to donate 60 boxes of books to Sources, local teachers, and an orphanage in Zimbabwe, further extending the reach and impact of our collective efforts.

Looking ahead, we are excited to announce that we will be accepting book donations at the Rotary Fieldhouse in preparation for our next sale, scheduled for August 23rd - 27th. We invite everyone to contribute to this worthy cause and help make a difference in our community.

The White Rock Rotary Club has a rich history of supporting local initiatives and international projects for over 40 years. With a commitment to transparency and accountability, 70% of the funds raised from book sales are allocated to community programs, including school playground equipment, youth scholarships, and support for organizations like the Sources Food Bank. The remaining 30% is dedicated to Rotary International projects, making a global impact on humanitarian efforts.

About the White Rock Rotary Club:
The White Rock Rotary Club is dedicated to serving the community through philanthropic endeavors and charitable initiatives. With a focus on literacy, education, and humanitarian aid, we strive to make a meaningful difference in the lives of individuals locally and globally.

For further information, please contact Keith Becker rotaryclub.booksale@gmail.com